Monday, May 4, 2015

"Post to your blog"

What is there to post to my blog? Have I done anything on my master piece? Am I reading Brave New World? All of these things that get asked in a normal English class. But wait I thought this wasn't a normal English class?

There are so many things that we get asked during the day and I feel as though the last thing students want to hear is that they can learn what they want to learn but be set to a time and a way to do it. Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of learning what we want to. It just seems weird to me that the class I wanted to take because it was so different from the other English classes that I had taken is starting to become more and more like those classes. Being said I am going to take the rest of this school year to challenge Dr. Preston and show him what he is doing and how it is really effecting the students that he teaches. Yea it may seem weird for a student to sit there and want to take on their teacher but I don't want to do this to prove him wrong. Preston asked for our feedback everyday and well here it it!

I understand that I may not do everything that I am told to do in class, but isn't that how every student is? We are told to change the way we do things because that is what id going to help us. Well honestly I think that is a bunch of bull crap. Students are told from the first day of school that they can do what they want yet we are put onto all of the restrictions because that is the "Common Core". What the hell is common core? A system that is used to segregate students even more then just your normal AP and Honors classes. It's so odd that teachers say that they put students all on the same grade system but AP students and Honors students get a boost on their GPA. I mean it makes sense that they get a boost but shouldn't they be put onto different standards?

Our school and our school system needs to look in the mirror and take a deep evaluation of its self.

No comments:

Post a Comment