Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Assignment #1

The reason i decided to take this course is because I wanted to learn about English in a new and unique way. Deciding to take the alternative route this year is exciting, I think this will be a great way to improve computer skills and to further the way I tend to look at English and look at work that is done in class. The main reason I am looking forward to this class is because I know that I will be able to understand the material better now that I have other resources to look at other then a book that was written years ago. What better way to learn then through your peers?

What I am excited about this year is that I will be getting a chance like no other to learn new things through my computer and/or my phone instead of just from an ordinary text book. There are some parts of me that are nervous about doing this though, to allow anyone to look at what you're doing wrong in an essay or  little mistakes on a project. I am also nervous when speaking in front of a small or large grouping of people. When the opportunity presents itself I wont pass it up, but the fact of just standing in front of people you may or may not know is slightly nerve-racking. One of my goals I hope to accomplish is receiving a good grade while learning and trying something new. 
 
expect my knowledge to improve by learning new skills, an all-around different way of viewing school, and also the fact that its not the normal way to present a class. Maybe by viewing school in this new way it can make school more intriguing causing it to be easier to consume the knowledge being taught. The reason Richard Cory never would have surprised an open source learning network is because reading it off a computer is different from hearing it out loud, where there is emotion and changes in tone. Where one thing can go from happy to heart throbbing in a matter of seconds. Reading it much different from hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment