Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What I've learned in this course so far

Prompt: "What have you learned so far in this course? (Note: You can include anything from literature, writing, technology, or your personal ideas about thinking, working, being creative, etc.)"

 This course has taught me many different things about my self and the way that I learn. It has taught me how to use the internet to help myself and how to create a page to show my thoughts. How to personalize it, and how to make it good for colleges to understand what I do and how I like to write. With learning how to write better in this class will help me prepare for all of the writing that I am going to have to do my senior year with college apps, and anything else that I am going to have to write an essay for. The blog help with that because its getting me ready for an online course that I might have to be taking later in life and how to set things up online to share with other people. Going into the second half of my junior year will be interesting. I have learned so many things so far and I cant wait to see what lies ahead. 
       I have learned how to create something in such a way that it will help the other students in my class..  For instance I am getting better at doing work on a blog instead of a piece of paper and being able to just look at the blog for homework instead of having to turn it in late or to miss and assignment. The blog is definitely a new modern way of learning and it really help to connect the students, and gives a way for all of us to work together. Getting to use this type of learning is going to help not only me but every student tremendously for when we get into our senior year or for when we get into college. It not only will get me a jump start on applying for scholarships but it helps me realize that not every school teaches the same. 
      Secondly, I like learning this new way because it gives me a sneak peak of what college could be like and I feel like it's preparing me for what a college would expect. Now days with all this technology I am going to have to know how to make a blog and use the internet more efficiently to meet the expectations of teachers. This course has given me a whole new perspective on learning. I think that taking this course is a challenge, and a privilege all in one, but I'm glad I got placed in this class. This course is defiantly preparing me for the outside world. 
          Lastly, I have learned a lot more about how to read a book and take important notes. I used to take notes that weren't  really notes. They were really long quotes pretty much and they didn't make sense. I now get a sense of what I should be writing like the main details of whatever it is we are reading. I hope that this will help me in other classes and that it will also benefit my future as I try to get into a four year college. 
      I think I have learned a lot of new skills during this course. Not only computer skills, but I have learned a lot about how to understand the material that I am given to read or write about. This course has taught me a lot and there is still more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment